Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
Application Deadline: 11:59pm – June 10, 2019
· At least $15,000 in Education Unidos Scholarships will be notified by mid-August, 2019
1. Education Unidos Scholarships are open to all UA-Douglas students.
2. To be eligible for the Institute of Mexicans Abroad Scholarship Program (IME BECAS) – students must be a Mexican National or person of Mexican origin residing in the USA.
A strong collaboration between the University South Foundation and the Consulate of Mexico in Douglas exists with the objective of increasing the educational level of Mexicans or Mexican origin living in the United States through the program “IME Becas.”
3. Must be a student enrolled at UA Douglas or a UA Sierra Vista student residing in Douglas (must provide proof of residency).
4. The student must have either;
a. Earned an associate degree; or
b. Completed at least 6 credits at the University of Arizona.
5. The student must be enrolled in at least 6 UA units;
a. If enrolled in 9 units or more – you must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher or unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.25 from a post-secondary school.
b. If enrolled in 6-8 units – you must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher or non-weighted c cumulative GPA of 3.5 from a post-secondary school.
6. Be able to demonstrate residency in Arizona, U.S.A. or Sonora, Mexico. Proof of residency can be demonstrated through;
a. Identification card issued by the State of Arizona showing Arizona residency;
b. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals card; or
c. Matrícula Consular issued by the Consulate of Mexico in Douglas.
d. Household utility bill (gas, electric, water or fixed telephone) in your name.
7. In order to have the scholarship disbursed, the student must meet the following conditions:
a. Attend a mandatory Education Unidos Workshop.
b. Complete 25 volunteer hours in approved events sponsored by the University South Foundation, the Consulate of Mexico in Douglas or UA South.
c. In addition to the volunteer hours, assist in planning, coordinating and representing during the Education Unidos Scholarship Fundraiser Event held in February/March each year and participate in any post-event responsibilities.
d. Failure to meet these conditions, student will not have scholarship disbursed or will not be eligible for future Education Unidos Scholarships.